Warranty and product registration
Stûv fireplaces were designed to provide years of enjoyment, comfort, and safety. They were built and assembled with the greatest care using high-quality materials and components, to provide years of trouble-free use.
However, if a problem arises, we will do our best to resolve the issue. As a user you too have an important role in obtaining the satisfaction you expect from your Stûv fireplace. We strongly recommend that you:
- Entrust the installation (or, at any rate, its inspection) to a skilled professional who can ensure that the characteristics of the flue are appropriate for your fireplace;
- Read the directions for use carefully and follow the maintenance instructions;
- Have the flue swept at regular intervals (once a heating season with regular use), to ensure optimal operation and maximum safety.
Stûv fireplaces are warranted against:
- manufacturing defects;
- painting defects in the visible portions of the fireplace;
- glass breakage only if it occurs when lighting the fire for the first time;
- transport damage if we are notified within 48 hours of delivery and it was indicated on the carrier's Bill of Lading.
This warranty does not cover damages to the fireplace or operational defects due to:
- uinstallation that does not comply with industry practice or the installation instructions;
- abnormal use that does not comply with the instructions for use;
- failure to perform maintenance ;
- an external cause, such as floods, lightning, fire, etc.
The warranty is limited to the replacement of defective parts, excluding any damages and labors.
The product registration form must be filled out and returned to us within one month from the date of purchase.
- 5 years on the body of the fireplace;
- 1 year on the refractory materials, sealing joints, door mechanisms, hinges, pulleys, slides and latches.
The warranty begins on the date of purchase. The replacement of parts under warranty does not extend the duration of the initial guarantee.